Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: http-methods & http-trace NSE Script Enhancement Ideas

From: Paulino Calderon <paulino () calderonpale com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 08:03:37 -0500

On 23/05/2012 07:17 a.m., King Thorin wrote:
I was just looking through some online docs and some nmap results. I've
never seen a server that includes public or allow header(s) on a
redirect response [maybe my experience is limited?]. It seems to me that the http-methods NSE should follow
redirects (HTTP 301, 302, 303) in order to perform the necessary OPTIONS
  request on a page/resource that's providing a HTTP 200.

Perhaps similar to the http-trace script:
http://nmap.org/svn/scripts/http-trace.nse
Though
  even that only follows one 301 or 302 redirect.

Further, maybe both scripts should follow a configurable
  # of redirects (default 2, 3, 4 and configurable further) looking for a
  HTTP 200&  handle 301, 302, and 303 redirect codes.

Reference:

I've emailed the devs of both scripts without any luck.

I'd be glad to provide the necessary changes, if someone can simply fill me in as to how they should be submitted.

I think adding a configuration value for redirects will work better in some cases. I would say most of the libraries follow 2-3 redirects but no more than that. In your experience, what would be a good default?

--
Paulino Calderón Pale
Website: http://calderonpale.com