Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Improving performance for ssl-enum-ciphers

From: Matt Selsky <selsky () columbia edu>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 15:22:55 -0400

On Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
I've experimented a little with ssl-enum-ciphers lately and just changed
the script to use worker threads instead of sequentially running all the
cipher checks.
As far as my quick tests show I'm seeing consistent results with the
non-threaded version but at 10 times the speed.
I'm attaching a patch for this change for anyone that would like to test
this new version and would appreciate some feedback.

I've used this patch to scan a Solaris server running Apache and the scan went from 40s to 20s with the same results.

Thanks!