Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Working my way through nmap, one function at a time.

From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler () tysdomain com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 19:07:32 -0600

I am really confused. rather than muddle your way through strace and debug everything with gdb, why not just ask where the configuration files are loaded, or follow it in the code? Using strace and reading through all that just to figure out the config files (and it still won't show you where in the program they're loaded) seems like you're bashing your head into a wall for no apparent reason.

Maybe I'm wrong here and I should just go back under my rock, but...