Nmap Development mailing list archives

Sean Rivera's Status Report #1 of 17

From: sean rivera <sean.au.rivera () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 09:56:55 -0600

Hello everybody,

I am one of the Feature Creeper's/Bug hunters working with the Google SOC
program. Seeing as how this week was mostly just getting Nmap working, I
feel kinda lame posting my Status report. Ah well, here goes.

Accomplishments: ~Forked off a branch for Nmap and successfully compiled on
my system. ~Starting digging through both the todo/nmap.txt and source code
to get an idea of were to start. ~Filled out SOC tax forms, Nmap Copyright
forms. ~Developed a list of areas that I should start looking at based on
the todo list. ~Looked back over my IPv6 DNS resolver to remember all the
"Interesting" rules with IPv6 Discovery and addresses

Priorities !Contact David about where to start and general advice (I know,
should have done this part last week, but frankly it was project week out
here and I didn't have too much time) !Contact James about the Winpcap
privileges patch and Windows low level Programming. !Start looking at the
intl.dll move command bug and what that entails.

Apologies for the lack of communication,

EDIT: Apparently I sent this from the wrong email address last night.

~Sean Rivera
Software Engineer