Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Student interested in Gsoc (Nmap Cloud Scanning Platform)

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 08:50:46 -0700

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:27:08AM -0500, Daniel Sarmiento Suarez wrote:
Hello, I am writing to this list as have not received any replies on
the Soc mailing list

I am a student interested in participating in this year's Google
Summer of Code.

I have been looking at the ideas page, and believe that I will be able
to help in completing theĀ  Nmap Cloud Scanning Platform,as it is
developed in Python and uses the Django framework.

I would really appreciate if I could get some information regarding
this project (I have already downloaded the source code), in order to
submit a good proposal.

I don't know much about the cloud scanner in particular, but you can
take a look at Alexandru's status reports from when he wrote it.

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2010/q2/author.html#author_alexandru
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2010/q3/author.html#author_alexandru

Downloading the source code shows good initiative. It will be valuable
if you can keep notes as you use it as to what was hard to do or what
doesn't make sense. It's helpful when someone with fresh eyes tries out
a project and makes such suggestions.

David Fifield