Nmap Development mailing list archives

NSE Scripts and SSL Cipher Checking

From: Darren McDonald <darren () dmcdonald net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 09:52:55 +0000

A while back I wrote athena ssl cipher check. It works by lying to the ssl
server by pretending it supports all possible ciphers,  sending large lists
of ciphers then using a binary search tree. This enables it find all ssl
possible ciphers and often faster than tools like HTC ssl cipher check.

I'm about that start working on the next version, and want to move away
from Java. Initially I was considering a rewrite in C++, but I've been
hearing a lot of good things about NSE scripts lately.

Assuming the quality is upto standard, is this the kind of thing the nmap
project would consider including as part of nmap? Is NSE suitable for this
kind of thing?

Renski