Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] eap-info

From: Riccardo Cecolin <nmap () rikiji de>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 20:19:02 +0100

Awesome, thanks.

Riccardo

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Riccardo Cecolin <nmap () rikiji de> wrote:

Hi,

Are you using hostapd 0.7.3? I just made some tests, i found that when
using the wired driver with ieee802.1x authentication it behaves
differently than 0.6.10 (previous stable), maybe we could file a bug
because it's impossible to authenticate, even with wpa supplicant. I
found confirmation here:
http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2010-May/021425.html

Basically the only proper way to test it with hostapd 0.7.3 would be
using a wireless AP or commenting the "return" in src/ap/ieee802_1x.c,
since it is looking for wlan association before accepting the packet:

       if (!sta || !(sta->flags & WLAN_STA_ASSOC)) {
               wpa_printf(MSG_DEBUG, "IEEE 802.1X data frame from not "
                          "associated STA");
               //return;
       }

You can check that even running "wpa_supplicant -Dwired -ieth0 -c
/usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/examples/ieee8021x.conf -dd" the
autenticator will never reply a second time to the supplicant. I think
this will just make it a little bit more uncomfortable to debug and
won't hurt the script, since this authenticator configuration is not
even usable with proper clients.

Riccardo

Ok, thanks, it worked with that patch.
I looked through the script and library and browsed the RFC and some pcaps
and it all looked good.
I've committed it as r28232.

Great work!
//Patrik