Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap build not using Python 2.X?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 19:17:09 -0800

On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 01:15:25AM -0500, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
Hi list,

I have an Arch Linux system with the latest Python 3:

$ python --version
Python 3.2.2

When Zenmap tries to do setup I get this error:

cd zenmap && /usr/bin/python setup.py build
  File "setup.py", line 307
    mode = ((os.stat(uninstaller_filename)[ST_MODE]) | 0555) & 07777
                                                          ^
SyntaxError: invalid token
make[1]: *** [build-zenmap] Error 1

I suspect that configure isn't looking for the proper version of
Python which is I think 2.7:

$ python2.7 --version
Python 2.7.2

The problem is that the AM_PATH_PYTHON Autoconf macro allows you to
specify a minimum but not a maximum version. The best way to work around
this is to define PYTHON when you configure.

PYTHON=python2.7 ./configure

David Fifield