Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] New scripts for natpmp, riak, memcached, redis, socks, http-proxy and vmware

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:28:25 -0800

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 12:51:48PM +0100, Patrik Karlsson wrote:

o [NSE] Added the script redis-info that lists version and statistic
  information gathered from the Redis network key-value store. [Patrik]

o [NSE] Added the redis library and the script redis-brute that
  performs brute force password guessing against the Redis network
  key-value store. [Patrik]

A cool thing I just learned about Redis is that it was written by
Antirez (Salvatore Sanfilippo), the same guy who came up with Idle
Scan and wrote Hping.

It kind of reminds me of former Nmap developer Jay Freeman (Saurik)
who created and now maintains Cydia, which is basically an app
repository that millions of people use for their jailbroken iPhones,
iPads, and iPods.

Another old-school Nmap developer who is now better known for his
other open source projects is HD Moore.

Cheers,
Fyodor