Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nse_main.lua is throwing multiple errors [windows]

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 13:38:13 +0100

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Sanoop Thomas <saminside34 () gmail com> wrote:

Dear Nmap Development Team,

  First of all a very big hats off from the bottom of my heart for the
effort that you all guys are doing.
I'm writing this mail to inform you an error i'm getting while executing
some scripts in nmap

Following is the result :

*C:\Windows\System32>nmap -p80 --script http-waf-detect ABC.com*

*Starting Nmap 5.61TEST4 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2012-01-03 09:41 India
Standard T
ime
NSE: Failed to load C:\Program Files\Nmap/scripts\http-waf-detect.nse:
error loading module 'url' from file '.\url.dll':
       The specified procedure could not be found.

stack traceback:
       [C]: ?
       [C]: in function 'require'
       C:\Program Files\Nmap/nselib/http.lua:94: in main chunk
       [C]: in function 'require'
       C:\Program Files\Nmap/scripts\http-waf-detect.nse:47: in main chunk
NSE: failed to initialize the script engine:
C:\Program Files\Nmap/nse_main.lua:435: could not load script
stack traceback:
       [C]: in function 'error'
       C:\Program Files\Nmap/nse_main.lua:435: in function 'new'
       C:\Program Files\Nmap/nse_main.lua:638: in function 'Entry'
       C:\Program Files\Nmap/scripts\script.db:133: in function
'db_closure'
       C:\Program Files\Nmap/nse_main.lua:652: in function
'get_chosen_scripts'

       C:\Program Files\Nmap/nse_main.lua:1083: in main chunk
       [C]: ?

QUITTING!*

Also I would like to hear from you how to develop own scripts, I have
already seen few presentations given by fyodor and david regarding the
same.
Still I will be much glad if i get some guidance from you folks. I'm also
looking at the nse tutorials from nmap site, and developed few scripts by
own.

Thanks & Regards,
--
SAM

Hi SAM,

I just installed Nmap 5.61TEST4 in Windows but can't reproduce the error
your seeing.
The error your seeing indicates that the script can't load the url.lua
library which sounds strange.
Have you tried re-installing and see if that makes a difference?

In regards to writing your own scripts, the tutorials and book is probably
the best way to start.
If you've already written a few scripts, submit them to this list and we'll
make sure to give you some feedback.

Cheers,
Patrik
--