Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nse] dns-srv-enum stuff

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:58:13 +0000

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Vasiliy Kulikov <segooon () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

1) dns-srv-enum.nse misses "client 2 server" SRV type.
I think it should contain the following:

       { name = "XMPP s2s", query = {"_xmpp-server._tcp"} }
       { name = "XMPP c2s", query = {"_xmpp-client._tcp"} }

Thanks, I've change this in the version I just committed.

2) It is rather inconvenient to type "dns-srv-enum.domain=" twice - as
a target and as a script argument.  Probably it should default to the
target(s)?

You don't have to, just skip the target as the script runs a pre-rule and
doesn't use the target.

3) Is it possible to automatically add discovered targets AND discovered
ports
with newtargets?  At least it would be possible to automatically (in one
run)
scan XMPP servers (without runtime added ports) if they have default ports
this way:

       nmap --script=dns-srv-enum --script-args=newtargets,dns-srv-enum=
example.com -p 5222,5269

Done, in this new version.

Thanks,

--