Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: get_max_open_descriptors() is more generous than Nsock.

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:30:49 +0100

Hi Luis,

2011/12/19 Luis MartinGarcia. <luis.mgarc () gmail com>:
I'm going to add a new item to Nping's to-do list so I can look into
this again the day the nsock-engines branch gets merged.

nsock-engines has now been merged[1]. So what would be the best API? A
nsock function that returns the maximum number of fds each nsock_pool
can handle? This, combined with libnetutil::get_max_open_descriptors()
should let applications know how many fds can still be opened.

What about postponing this until the stable branch is created though?
What do you think?

Regards.

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2012/q1/49

--