Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Unused captures in nmap-service-probes

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:29:14 -0800

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 09:15:43AM +0200, Lauri Kokkonen wrote:
Hi David,

I fixed quite a few errors from the list and also marked all groups that
were clearly non-capturing although I'm not sure if that has other
advantages than making the patterns slightly easier to read. There are still
63 unused captures to go as reported by the script. This was certainly a
nice thing to do for taking a little peek into Nmap.

I'm attaching a diff against nmap-service-probes. I didn't run the script
for tidying up the resulting file.

Great, thanks, I'll take a look. Rob Nicholls is also finishing sending
me his changes; we'll compare and merge them.

David Fifield