Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] New script dns-blacklist

From: Duarte Silva <duarte.silva () serializing me>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 11:31:09 +0000

Hi Patrik,

I added two new DNSBL providers, one for TOR nodes [1] and another for malware
attacks [2].

I ended up stumbling on http:BL [3], which I wanted to add since it has some
nice functionality. The problem is that this provider needs the user to
provide a API key. Currently the library doesn't support user provided
arguments. I already have some ideas on how to tackle the problem in a generic
way (support for other providers) but I was wondering if you think the
functionality the provider has, makes up for the trouble of changing the dnsbl
library?

[1] https://www.dan.me.uk/dnsbl
[2] http://www.blocklist.de/en/api.html#dns
[3] http://www.projecthoneypot.org/httpbl_api.php