Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap snmp scanning

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 23:24:14 +0100

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Duarte Silva
<duarte.silva () serializing me>wrote:

Hello,

this is a very intial rewrite of the snmp-brute.nse script. As such, it
needs loads of testing. Some stuff is still missing but I wanted some
feedback.

Regards,
Duarte Silva

Hi Duarte,

I've looked over the new script and have a concern with the design change,
as one of the goals of the new snmp-brute script was to increase
speed. This was achieved by having one thread sending requests out and
another thread listening with a pcap socket. As we're dealing with UDP and
a service that doesn't respond, unless we have the right community, this
design successfully made the script a lot faster than the initial version.
So I think we should try to address the issues we're seeing while keeping
the current design.

Cheers,
Patrik
--