Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Patch for http-fingerprints and http-auth

From: Hani Benhabiles <kroosec () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:40:00 +0100

Add this Silverlight fingerprint while you're at it. :)

Cheers,
Hani

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Duarte Silva
<duarte.silva () serializing me>wrote:

Hi,

added fingerprints for Apache Archiva and to some variations of
directories
related with source code repositories.

Also added path and hostname arguments to http-auth (after running
http-enum I
wanted to check authenticated resources that weren't in the '/' path).

Regards,
Duarte Silva

Thanks Duarte,

I committed the fingerprints and the changes I mentioned in http-auth the
other day.
They already had the path argument added and most of your changes.
I was a bit unsure of the request options though.
As far as I can tell, the header "Connection: close" was already being sent
and didn't need to be added.
In regards to the hostname argument, the http library already solves this
by checking the name specified as target.
So if you specify scanme.nmap.org as a target, the host header will be set
with that name.
The only case that I can see where the hostname argument could be useful is
for hostnames that don't resolve.
So I'm not sure if we should add that argument or not?
Please have a look at (and test, if possible) the current http-auth to see
whether it suits your needs.

Cheers,
Patrik

--