Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Apache mod_negotiation

From: Hani Benhabiles <kroosec () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 22:19:17 +0100

Hi Patrik,

I've been thinking about leveraging it more too. When mod_negotiation is
enabled, a request with an Accept header containing an unknown/unsupported
MIME type (such as random/foo) would get a response with all matching
results in alternates header and not just the first match in
Content-location. This post [1] from w3af creator explains it well.

[1]
http://www.bonsai-sec.com/blog/index.php/exploiting-http-content-negotiation/

Cheers,
Hani.