Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Regarding GSOC 2012

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 02:08:27 -0700

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 07:38:21PM +0530, piyush mittal wrote:
Hello friends,

I want a great help from you guys.I m planning to participate in GSOC
2012.My subject of interest is security n basically right now  m focusing on
Anti-Phishing and anti steganography.Will it be my right step to go in this
direction or  should i need to scratch other stuff for your
organization.please help me out.

Thanks for your interest in working with Nmap.

What you describe does not sound like a good fit for an Nmap project. At
least, you will have to have a good explanation of why the things you
are working on will work well with Nmap.

One way to help your chances of being accepted, and also to get an idea
of what kind of projects are appropriate, is to try to write some small
patches or scripts. I suggest you look at the page
https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Script_Ideas to get an idea of what kinds of
things we want to develop.

David Fifield