Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Apache killer (was: [NSE] New script and email update patch)

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:43:54 +0200

Hi,

2011/8/29 Duarte Silva <duarte.silva () serializing me>:
Hi,

should this script be considered intrusive? Its such low profile that it
doesn't seem to make sense.

New version in the attachments, regards,
Duarte Silva

As this script is harmless, I have removed the "intrusive" flag and
added "safe" and "default" to follow what seems to be the common
scheme (like realvnc-auth-bypass or http-vmware-path-vuln).

I have also made the following modifications:
  - Changed the debug message line 70 to handle cases where hostname
is nil (replaced by "hostname or host.ip").
  - Fixed a logic error: missing "not" in "if not response.status" line 68.
  - Added comments.
  - Changed ["Range"] to Range in the request_opt.header table (cosmetic).
  - Updated the output messages: return a highly visible "VULNERABLE"
if the server is affected, don't return anything otherwise (unless
debug is set). More consistent output for vulnerability detection
scripts should be provided soon by the vulns library.
  - Updated the @output section.

Modified script checked in as r26238, thanks again!

Regards.

--
Henri