Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: xmpp.nse

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:05:34 +0200

2011/8/9 Vasiliy Kulikov <segooon () gmail com>:
Hi,

This is an update of xmpp script.

Hi Vasily,

thanks for this udpated version. I have launched it against a couple
servers and results are interesting.

Concerning the code I have some comments after a quick review:
  - Functions are defined in several ways, could you please unify it
(eg always use: local <fname> = function(<args>) or local function
<fname>(<args>))?
  - Is there a reason for having known_feature() defined as a function
instead of directly exposing the table to the script?
  - Concerning the formatting I agree that the current output is not
optimal. Maybe both case should be displayed in two columns, using the
tab library[1]?
  - I also agree that renaming the script into xmpp-info.nse would make sense.
  - For the sake of readability what about putting all the tables (the
DB which is at the end and known_feature) to the top of the script?
That would ease distinction between code and data.

Regards.

[1] http://nmap.org/nsedoc/lib/tab.html

--
Henri Doreau |  Greenbone Networks GmbH  |  http://www.greenbone.net