Nmap Development mailing list archives

Shinnok's Status Report - #14 of 17

From: Shinnok <admin () shinnok com>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 00:45:08 +0300

Hi list,

Here are my accomplishments of the last week and the priorities for the
next one:

Accomplishments:

*Fixed an ncat bug related to connection counting in r25356 that was
introduced with the merge of ncat-sslhang branch[r25227]. Also added
four new tests to the test suite that checks for the existence of this
bug for future proofing.
*Completed and merged to trunk Nmap option parsing deferring(+other
minor improvements related to options parsing) branch
nmap-options-parsing in r25459.
*Related and unrelated to the above one:) while testing the
nmap-options-parsing branch I wrote a small shell script that checks
whether nmap *behaves* when the same set of arguments are given in a
random order by diffing nmap's output(-dn is more effective) between
successive executions with shuffled arguments and I'm thinking of
improving it into a poor's man test "suite" for Nmap, that could be
useful in certain scenarios. The script resides in
nmap-exp/shinnok/nmap-test-script.
*Worked on de-duplicating ncat broker and listening modes code paths, by
merging ncat_broker.c code that's mostly a dupe of ncat_listen.c into
the latter. This work resides in nmap-exp/shinnok/ncat-broker-merge and
is waiting for David's invaluable review before merging to trunk.
*Submitted my first two NSE scripts to nmap-dev, http-google-email and
http-reverse-ip respectively. http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q3/401
*Had the weekly meeting with David.

Priorities:
*Merge ncat-broker-merge.