Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] IMAP and SMTP - brute support

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:24:30 +0200

On Jul 19, 2011, at 1:55 AM, Djalal Harouni wrote:

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 11:31:44PM +0200, Patrik Karlsson wrote:
Hi list,

I've been working on two brute-scripts for the past few days: imap-brute and smtp-brute.
While doing so, I've added support for a bunch of new authentication mechanisms.
Together with Djalal I've been able to fit them in to his, now somewhat modified, SASL library.
In my opinion, I think moving the encryption SASL stuff into a separate library is great as:
a) the login code in each library is considerably reduced and simplified
b) the interface to the SASL library is more or less the same regardless of the authentication mechanism being used.

So while these changes add a dependency to both the smtp and imap library, they also add support for the following
authentication mechanisms:
PLAIN, CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5 and NTLM, in addition to their normal plain-text login functions.

Please find the following attached:
1. The new sasl-library
2. The new imap-brute script and patches to the imap library
3. The new smtp-brute script and patches to the smtp library

Thanks Patrik for the work.

--
tixxdz
http://opendz.org

No problem, thanks for writing a great SASL library.
This was all committed in r25133-r25135.

//Patrik

--
Patrik Karlsson
http://www.cqure.net