Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap on Android: automatic build

From: William John Holden <wjholden () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 20:46:37 -1000

On 02/15/2011 12:43 PM, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
On 02/15/2011 11:31 PM, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
Hello!

I have good news! Google released android-ndk-r5b which have that
output problem fixed. Therefore, nmap android binary now works
perfectly. Also, new NDK implements (almost) all C++ - therefore
Crystax is not needed any more. Still, we have that locale problem
in liblua. But in short, that means that build process is much
simplified.

Ah, yeah. If somebody is not paranoid that much and just wants these
new binaries which simply work. Here they are:
http://ftp.linux.hr/android/nmap/nmap-5.51-android-bin-r5.tar.bz2

Those binaries should have output (let me know if they don't!) and
should have getaddrinfo bug fixed (again - let me know if you hit the
bug).

Note that I have also changed standard location of binaries. So far,
they were installed by default to /sd-ext/opt/nmap-5.51. Now the
default is: /sdcard/nmap-5.51 (i'm just using
--prefix=/sdcard/nmap-5.51)

In short, that means you can have data files and scripts on VFAT
sdcard and you need to copy only /sdcard/nmap-5.51/bin directory to
somewhere where you have execute permissions (your phone, /sd-ext or
whatever). IMHO it's more convenient.

Kost _______________________________________________ Sent through the
nmap-dev mailing list
http://cgi.insecure.org/mailman/listinfo/nmap-dev Archived at
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/

Vlatko,

I realize it's been quite a while since you posted this...

Your binaries do not work on the Motorola Atrix (segfaults, probably
because it has a different CPU).  I've worked with a few Nmap for
Android users without success but today got around to recompiling (had a
busy spring).

I'm basically setting CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS to -O3 and praying since I don't
own an Atrix myself.

Just launched a release of Nmap for Android (in the Android Market:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wjholden.nmap

Will contact a few helpful users directly for further assistance.

My customized Makefile is attached.

Nmap for Android source (GPL): http://nmap.wjholden.com/src/0.6.0.7z

- --
  William John Holden