Nmap Development mailing list archives

Problems to use or build portable ncat

From: Alfredo Esteban <aedelatorre () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 23:04:46 +0200

Hi,

First at all, thanks for developing nmap. It is a very powerfull tool.

I'm trying to use the portable ncat version. My first attempt was to
download the compiled version from Shinnok:

http://trunk.shinnok.com/ncat.exe
http://trunk.shinnok.com/ncat_upx.exe

that I found in this link:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q2/1090

The problem is that it doesn't work when I use "-l" flag. I get the
following message:

C:\>ncat.exe -vvv -l 4555
Ncat: Version 5.52.IPv6.Beta2 ( http://nmap.org/ncat )
Ncat: Listening on 0.0.0.0:4555
NCAT DEBUG: Initialized fdlist with 102 maxfds
NCAT DEBUG: Added fd 1948 to list, nfds 1, maxfd 1948
NCAT DEBUG: Added fd 0 to list, nfds 2, maxfd 1948
setsockopt: No error

I verified 4555 port is free and Windows firewall is disable. In fact,
standard ncat works fine in the same conditions.

So I tried to compile it myself with Visual Studio Express Edition following
the instruction from:

https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Ncat_Portable

But I can't complete the step:

"Switch the active solution configuration to "Ncat Static" and then close
the Configuration Manager. Make sure that the nsock, nbase and ncat projects
have switched to the "Static" configuration also."

I can't find the "Ncat Static" configuration in the Configuration Manager.

Thank you,

Alfredo