Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Java RMI service finderprint?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:36:56 -0700

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:32:30PM -0700, Gabriel Lawrence wrote:
I suppose i should go read the source... But, I'll ask here.

       --version-all (Try every single probe) .
           An alias for --version-intensity 9, ensuring that every single
probe is attempted against
           each port.

So, does it stop as soon as one match is found or does it continue? what
order does it pick? i think the solution i was suggesting was that it only
go and try all the ones it wouldnt have normally tried when all the normal
ones fail... If thats the way -version-all works, that's cool and would
totally meet my needs.

It stops after one match. It does just what you are describing.

David Fifield