Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Port Script GUI

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 16:15:06 -0700

On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 10:30:25AM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 03:38:57PM -0700, Colin L. Rice wrote:

And so a question to Zenmap users: Where do you expect to see this
information?

Well, I imagine that we all agree that it should (stay) in the "Nmap
Output" tab along with the rest of the Nmap output.  So the question
is where else it should appear.

I like the idea you and Colin have bandied about putting the port
script results in the "Ports / Hosts" tab.  There would probably be a
section/row for each script below the port it relates to.  It if it
going to be expandable/contractable, I think that should maybe be a
global expand/contract all button so users don't have to click each
script item individually.  A per-item expand/contract toggle could be
added too if desired.

That covers portrule scripts, but I'm not sure where the other types
of scripts could go.  One idea is to add hostrules to that "services"
table too, just not associated with a specific port number.

The script output could also go under the "host details" tab, but
those details currently don't even include the open port numbers.  So
we would probably want to add those first.

Cheers,
Fyodor