Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap Script UI

From: "Colin L. Rice" <ricec2 () rpi edu>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 14:00:39 -0700

Hello,

I've been working on adding script results to Zenmap. Parsing is done
however we still have to design a UI. Attached is my proposed UI for the
host scripts which is added to the host details panel.

However there are three other script classes we have to deal with.
Specifically Port Scripts, Prerule scripts and postrule script. Where
would a logical place for this information be? How should it be
presented?

Obviously the port scripts should go in the port window somewhere.

Ideas so far are:
1) having the port scripts be a additional hang off of the port window
where you hit a button and the hosts go into the special mode where
ports are hanging off of the hosts and when you click each port it shows
the scrip details.

2)Add a column for script details which has an expansion button to let
you see the scripts for that specific port.

3)Add a script tab and put recent pre and post scripts in there with a
timestamp.

4)Add a script aggregation page somewhere under an existing tab

5)Have a popup for each pre and post script since they aren't that
common and generally signal something important like duplicate ssh keys.

If you have any comments or suggestions please respond.

-Colin