Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: http-phpself-xss

From: Abuse007 <abuse007 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 00:54:11 +1000

If I'm not mistaken the script is not trying to exploit the php parameters, such as data in your second example, but
rather the PHP_SELF variable which is set the the relative URL of the currently executing script - including what comes
after the php file.

From the doco: -

The filename of the currently executing script,relative to the document root. For instance,$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] in a
script at the addresshttp://example.com/test.php/foo.bar would be /test.php/foo.bar.

See: -
http://spotthevuln.com/2009/10/privilege-escalation-one-damn-thing/

Cheers