Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: backorifice-brute NSE script

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 20:28:08 +0200

On May 3, 2011, at 4:40 AM, Daniel Miller wrote:

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:

The found password is saved in nmap.registry.backorificepassword; what
happens if the script is run against two hosts at once?

This reminds me of an idea I had, but which I do not have plans of pursuing.
With all the brute-* scripts and the unpwdb, could NSE support something
like Metasploit's Creds table? Records consist of username, password, and
service, where service a foreign-key relationship with a record defined by
host, port, and protocol (more or less). This would make a common solution
to questions like this, and would offer the opportunity for closer
integration with Metasploit, perhaps through a postrule.

Dan

As promised, here's the library and a few scripts to demonstrate it's current capabilities.
My initial thoughts was to create a library that would standardize the error/success messages generated by all brute
scripts and to be able to dump all discovered credentials at the end of a scan using a postrule.
I'm attaching the library in it's current state for feedback and for anyone to try out.

Regards,
Patrik

--
Patrik Karlsson