Nmap Development mailing list archives

IPv6 address range

From: Vasiliy Kulikov <segooon () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 19:50:29 +0400

Hi,

It is currently not possible to specify IPv6 address range, however it
might be very usefull for some setups.  I have an access to the network
with a range of routers: net-prefix::1 - net-prefix::2f (some of them
are assigned to the same physical machines).  Of course, they are
manuallly assigned.  It would be rather handy to specify them as a
range, not as a result of a bash regexp substitution.

Also I suppose setups with such assignations will be rather popular with
DHCPv6.

From nmap(1):

    "IPv6 addresses can only be specified by their fully qualified IPv6
    address or hostname. CIDR and octet ranges aren't supported for IPv6
    because they are rarely useful."

Thanks,

--
Vasiliy