Nmap Development mailing list archives

[GSoC]Status Report for Shinnok #1 of 17

From: Shinnok <admin () shinnok com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 22:42:06 +0300

Hi,

As I suppose some of you already know, I'm Shinnok and I will be working on
Nmap this summer as a Feature Creeper and Bug Wrangler part of GSoC this
year.
Last week expired so fast, but I'll give a shot at trying to define what I
accomplished the last week, as the first of the upcoming 17 weekly status
reports.

Accomplishments(in no order):
*grab Nmap through SVN (this is not really a step, this is more like bullet
point cheating)
*build Nmap on Linux and Windows
*peek innocently through the code
*change stuff in code and see if it blows up (code defusing)
*read through nmap.org and the mailing lists in order to get really intimate
with the Nmap project and tools as a whole
*skip the Nmap book http://nmap.org/book/toc.html
*play some more with SVN and read through http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ to
make sure I won't break the Nmap SVN (I miss git already)
*GSoC coordination

Parts of what I listed above has not been done to completeness and I'll
resume that this week.

Priorities:
-School duties
-Some IRL stuff