Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] find-ssh-hostkey script

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:22:14 -0700

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 04:45:43PM +0000, Nick Nikolaou wrote:
Hey everyone,

Attached is a script I wrote that attempts to identify a host given its SSH
hostkey as an argument. I got the idea from Fyodor's presentation

--@usage
-- nmap --script=find-ssh-hostkey --script-args
fingerprint=AB:CD:EF:AB:CD:EF:AB:CD:EF:AB:CD:EF:AB:CD:AB:CD
--
--@output
-- 22/tcp  open  ssh

After (limited) testing it seems to work. I don't have access to many
machines running SSH so I can't test it thoroughly.

The script name can be confusing seems it's very similar to other scripts
that show the host's SSH key so feel free to change it to something more
meaningful.

Thanks for this script, Nick. I think it's too limited to be generally
useful, though--if you're going to grep the output for "Key found"
couldn't you grep for the key fingerprint directly?

David Fifield