Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Draft - targets-sniffer.nse

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 21:23:31 +0100

On 2011-04-01 01:20:05 -0700, David Fifield wrote:
Add a targets-sniffer.iface script argument to allow controlling the
interface independently from -e. It should default to -e if the script
argument is not given. For example, "targets-sniffer.iface=eth0".
BTW the other day Nick asked me if it's possible to let Nmap choose the
interface to use. My answer is:
For this type of scripts the best solution is to provide the interface
manually, however when targeting a _specified_ host or a network, Nmap
will try to find the best interface to use and in this case we don't need
to specify it.

--
tixxdz
http://opendz.org