Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSoC Cloud Scanning Platform Proposal

From: alexandru <alex () hackd net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:53:45 -0700

On 2011-04-12, at 12:23 PM, Alexey Nayden wrote:

The UI is indeed the sorest point of Rainmap, so I'm looking forward to see what ideas you come up with.

I think I’d prefer UI of that sort http://idisk.me.com/anayden/Public/Pictures/Skitch/Rainmap_UI-20110412-232210.png
Is it fine?

One of the constraints I had in the original design was to integrate into the existing Insecure.Org chrome. So, you
should consider adding that around in the mockup, and possibly tuning the colour scheme to better integrate with that.

Overall, I like the mockup, and the idea of a 'templates library'. The challenging bit is coming up with the UI for
customizing the scan page itself. There are many different approaches to be taken there, but the washing machine
analogy is pretty good.

P.S. My original mockups are at http://rainmap.labs.hackd.net/ and the features we wanted to support in early versions
of Rainmap are at http://rainmap.labs.hackd.net/features/

Cheers,