Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSoC 2011: NSE Script Development

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 01:46:27 +0300

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com> wrote:
Here is the updated script, it should run good now. Comments are welcome.

Good job! Probably needs some polish, but we can look at that once you
have sent your proposal. Just to mention one thing that caught my
attention.

I think you should be able to do
portrule = shortport.port_or_service (31337, "BackOrifice", "udp")
instead of
portrule = shortport.port_or_service (31337, {"BackOrifice"}, "udp")

You only need to wrap the values in a list if you define multiple values.

Good luck with proposal writing!

Any more tips on the GSOC proposal are welcome too. :-)

That's fine if it only runs on the default port. Usually we rely on
version detection to detect services running on non-default ports. We
don't seem to have a match for BackOrifice in nmap-service-probes. So if
you can make a service probe or match line, or a backorifice-version
script, we can solve this problem. But consider it as a separate task
from making backorifice-info work.

David Fifield

A BackOrifice probe first, and then on to write my GSOC proposal.

Cheers,
Gorjan