Nmap Development mailing list archives

Paulino's Status Report - #9 of 17

From: Paulino Calderon <paulino () calderonpale com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:48:20 -0500

Hello again nmap-dev,

This week I'll focus again on collecting new fingerprint data since it helps me find good candidates to add to http-default-accounts maybe even future NSE scripts and improves nmap's web scanning results.

Accomplishments:
* Finished http-default-accounts and added the first two supported applications to the fingerprint db.
* Added new signatures to http-enum
* Read previous concerns about spidering on nmap-dev
* Revised and committed 'http-majordomo2-dir-traversal' and 'http-trace'

Priorities:
* Add more http-enum signatures
* Add more signatures for http-default-accounts
* Research about possible malware detection techniques
* Start working on http-malware [https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Script_Ideas#http-malware-host]

Cheers.