Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap comprehensive scan problem via Armitage

From: Asif Iqbal <vadud3 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 18:58:34 -0400

On Jun 22, 2011 9:23 PM, "Fyodor" <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:23:50AM +0300, Shinnok wrote:
On 06/20/2011 10:08 PM, David Fifield wrote:
On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 04:26:43PM -0700, Fyodor wrote:

Great point! As Shinook noted, there are some default scripts which
don't match this query. So maybe "default or (discovery and safe)"
would be better. Thee are default scripts which aren't in both
discovery
and safe categories:

Shinnok, please make this change in
share/zenmap/config/scan_profile.usp
and document it in CHANGELOG.

Done. discovery and safe it is.

Actually, when David said "discovery and safe", that is an exact
argument taken by --script which selects scripts which are in both the
discovery AND safe categories (98 scripts). Your version allows all
scripts which are in either discovery OR the safe categories (158
scripts). And we want to include scripts in the default category too.
So, as shown above, I think we should use:

--script "default or (discovery and safe)"

But I'm not certain that double quotes like that in scan_profile.usp
will be OK. Can you try it out on Linux and Windows and check it in
if it works?

Thanks,
Fyodor