Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap on VPS

From: Jo�o Daniel Neves <joaodanielnevesss () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 18:14:11 +0300

Hello,
I have a virtualized server (VPS). I use this server to host my blog. I have installed Nmap...But it looks like that
Nmap is not working proprety. When I scan my office (without root privileges), Nmap reports me some open ports. No
problem yet. But if I scan as root, Nmap say that allscaned ports are closed.
I did the same kind of scan for both (priviliged e non priviliged)I scan a OPEN port with root privileges and Nmap port
report filtred.
The truth is that some ports are really open.
BTW: I did a normal installation: yum install nmap5.21.rpm
Does anybody knows what is happening?