Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Do we want potential GSoC students to use soc@insecure instead of nmap-dev?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 08:57:23 -0700

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 01:57:48PM +0100, Luis MartinGarcia. wrote:
Hi,

I've seen a few students sending emails to the soc () insecure org mailing
list, and I am always tempted to redirect them to the nmap-dev list so
they get more feedback. In the Nmap GSoC ideas web, do we really want to
suggest  that they use the soc list? Shouldn't we just keep the soc list
for GSoC coordination of accepted students? What do you guys think?

You should encourage them to use nmap-dev, yes. The page at
http://nmap.org/soc/, while not making it perfectly obvious, at least
says: "If you apply (or plan to), please join the temporary Nmap SoC
mailing list to receive announcements. If you have any questions about
your ideas, the best place to post them is the nmap-dev mailing list."

David Fifield