Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: multi-threaded Nmap

From: Jacky Jack <jacksonsmth698 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 23:28:45 +0800

@Kamal Banga

Good idea and initiative.

I don't deny that performance is a desirable thing. However, for NMap, users
would prefer accuracy to performance.
I'm afraid that such multi-threading might cause problems/instability for
Nmap and its management of plugins and Plugins vs NMap core communications.

I suggest you pick up an older version (stable if u want) of Nmap source
code. Try adding multi-threading to see if this works well.