Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] firewalk-path script

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:57:49 +0100

2011/2/22 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>:
Hi Henri, I took this more recent script and renamed it over the
previous firewalk.nse. The feature of automatically identifying the
gateways that are dropping packets is so useful that I think it will be
the more common behavior.
Ok thanks, this second version contained a little bug, due to an
"undeclared" function. The script doesn't run if you specify a timing
argument. The attached patch changes the position of
parse_timespec_ms() so that it is before the function that calls it.
Sorry about it, I was waiting for some feedback before sending a third
version of the script to the list.

If you would like to, you can restore the .ttl and .gateway arguments
that would cause the script to work as it did before.
I don't want to bloat the script with too many options if some are not
necessary. Is there a need for the former behavior (simply target one
system between you and the target)? If so then I can easily add them.

David Fifield

Regards

Henri Doreau