Nmap Development mailing list archives

Question about service naming related to Apache Tomcat

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:43:12 -0600

In nmap-service-probes, I would like to standardize the service naming for Apache Tomcat. Right now I see 'Apache Tomcat' and Apache Tomcat httpd'. I would like to use 'Apache Tomcat' because, if I am not mistaken, Tomcat itself is not a web server. It runs on top of Apache HTTPD, Microsoft IIS, Apache Coyote, or something else. It would be similar to the joint
match for Tomcat and Coyote,'Apache Tomcat/Coyote JSP engine'.

There are also a couple of information fields that would need to be tweaked a bit as well.

Thoughts?

Tom