Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap on Android: automatic build

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 23:43:26 +0100

On 02/15/2011 11:31 PM, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
Hello!

I have good news! Google released android-ndk-r5b which have that output
problem fixed. Therefore, nmap android binary now works perfectly. Also,
new NDK implements (almost) all C++ - therefore Crystax is not needed
any more. Still, we have that locale problem in liblua. But in short,
that means that build process is much simplified.

Ah, yeah. If somebody is not paranoid that much and just wants these new
binaries which simply work. Here they are:
http://ftp.linux.hr/android/nmap/nmap-5.51-android-bin-r5.tar.bz2

Those binaries should have output (let me know if they don't!) and
should have getaddrinfo bug fixed (again - let me know if you hit the bug).

Note that I have also changed standard location of binaries. So far,
they were installed by default to /sd-ext/opt/nmap-5.51. Now the default
is: /sdcard/nmap-5.51 (i'm just using --prefix=/sdcard/nmap-5.51)

In short, that means you can have data files and scripts on VFAT sdcard
and you need to copy only /sdcard/nmap-5.51/bin directory to somewhere
where you have execute permissions (your phone, /sd-ext or whatever).
IMHO it's more convenient.

Kost