Nmap Development mailing list archives

Ncrack Bug report

From: "Cornelius Krasel" <cornelius.krasel () web de>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 17:57:23 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve the admin password from our own Cisco WRT54GL using the latest ncrack binary for Windows.

%---snip---

$Windows XP> ncrack -vvvv --user admin http://192.168.1.1

Starting Ncrack 0.3ALPHA ( http://ncrack.org/ ) at 2011-02-06 17:09 Westeuropäische Normalzeit

Rate: 31.74; Found: 0; About 77.07% done; ETC: 17:10 (00:00:24 remaining)

Strange connect error from 192.168.1.1 (10048): No such file or directory

Assertion failed: 0, file .\src\nsock_core.c, line 404

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

%---snip---

Repeating the command, ncrack always fails at around the same space covered (77.79%, 76.65%), which makes me think that
ncrack has discovered the right password but fails on the reply of the router. If I mess around with the timing by
using "ncrack -T2", the program fails immediately with the same error message. With "ncrack -T1" or "ncrack -T0" the
program just stops without producing any result, apparently not having scanned any space. "-T3" seems to be identical
with no options; "-T4" and "-T5" fail at around 72%. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I don't want to
reset the router :-).
Cornelius.