Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap 5.36TEST4 Crash on Select script screen

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:51:21 -0800

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 05:12:16PM -0600, Daniel Miller wrote:
Hey list,

I'm attaching a screenshot, since the crash didn't let me file the bug
report (modal file select dialog in foreground won't close). Here's
what I can read on the Crash report screen:

'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\nselib/*.*'

----
CRASH REPORTED:
SYS.PLATFORM: win32
OS.NAME: nt
Zenmap Version: 5.36TEST4
TRACEBACK:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "zenmapGUI\ScriptInterface.pyo", line 279, in check_nmap_cb
 File "zenmapGUI\ScriptMetadata.pyo", line 451, in get_script_entries
 File "zenmapGUI\ScriptMetadata.pyo", line 320, in __init__
 File "zenmapGUI\ScriptMetadata.pyo", line 434, in
[... can't scroll down to see the rest ...]

I'm running Windows XP SP3, WinPCAP 4.1.2 installed with Wireshark.
Ran Zenmap from a command line as administrator, while logged in as an
unprivileged user. Working directory was C:\WINDOWS\system32. Ran a
scan with no issues, then went to create a new scan. When I clicked on
the Script tab, there were no scripts listed, so I clicked "Add," and
then it crashed.

Thanks for this helpful report. I can't reproduce it. Can you try again,
this time without clicking the "Add" button? What Zenmap is supposed to
be doing at this time is running nmap.exe in the background to get the
list of possible scripts. It should appear within a few seconds.

How did you install? From the binary installer? If so, did you choose a
prefix other than the default?

David Fifield