Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: adding IPv6 capabilities in Nmap

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 20:17:41 -0700

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 03:58:25PM +0530, aditya wrote:
Hello,

I am actually a student and have been using Nmap since a long time, i was
very much interested in adding on IPv6 features to Nmap
Can anyone guide me how to proceed??i would really appreciate if anyone
could

Hi, Aditya. You should start by reading these pages:
        http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2011/nmap
        http://nmap.org/soc/
        http://nmap.org/soc/GeneralRequirements.html
        http://nmap.org/soc/apply.html

I've been keeping a set of notes about IPv6 implementation; you can see
them by running the command
        svn co --username guest --password "" svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/david/ipv6
Please look at the file ipv6.c in that directory and comment on anything
you find confusing or interesting.

You have a bit more than a week to write a proposal explaining what you
want to do and submit it. When you have specific ideas you can send them
to this mailing list and people can comment on them.

David Fifield