Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] ms-sql scripts and library updates merged

From: Chris Woodbury <woodbusy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:10:48 -0500

Sorry also for the long delay.

My vote is for taking Fyodor's option #3 and changing the host rule (patch
attached) so the script runs if
1) SQL Server instance discovery has already been performed and instances
were found
OR
2) One of the instance-targeting script args (e.g. mssql.instance-name) was
specified
OR
3) A SQL Server-related port (1434/udp, 1433/tcp, smb.get_port()) was
scanned and was not closed.
This keeps a pretty handy info-gathering script as a default when it's
applicable, but hopefully keeps it from running too often when it's not.

What are your thoughts?
-chris