Nmap Development mailing list archives

Helping potential Nmap GSoC students on IRC

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 20:41:48 -0700

Hi Folks.  I'm delighted to announce that the Nmap project has been
accepted for our seventh Google Summer of Code!  Of course that's
pretty obvious given the flood of questions and interested students
we've seen on the list :).

I'm glad to see all the mails we've received from interested
participants and also the help that people have been giving them in
terms of refining their ideas and pointing them to valuable
information resources about Nmap SoC.

I also hear that some potential GSoC students have been joining the
#nmap channel on Freenode and asking questions.  But in many cases,
everyone is idling and nobody is actually around to answer.  So if
anyone has time in the next couple of weeks (GSoC applications are
accepted until April 8), and you're on Freenode IRC anyway, please
join the #nmap channel and help out any lost souls you find there.
Even better is if you can also join the #gsoc channel and help folks
who are having trouble picking a project :).

Meanwhile, I'm planning to help spread the word soon on Nmap.Org,
Insecure.Org, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Cheers,
Fyodor