Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: hddtemp-info.nse

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 11:18:04 -0800

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 11:20:24AM +0200, Toni Ruottu wrote:
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:07 AM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 07:03:35PM +0200, Toni Ruottu wrote:
The problem seems to be that comm always does a single receive. If the
network conditions are good this does not matter, but over the
Internet the first receive is not likely to contain the full banner. I
think the comm library needs to be changed to do as many receives as
it is able to do before a time out.

Does this patch make a difference?

No. Still broken, after applying the patch.

Try increasing the timeout (shouldn't require the patch I gave you). If
you find a reasonable timeout value I'll commit it.

http://nmap.org/nsedoc/lib/comm.html

David Fifield