Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Thoughts on script documentation

From: "'Fyodor'" <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 01:02:51 -0800

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 08:08:55AM -0000, Rob Nicholls wrote:

Zenmap immediately crashes on XP.

Heh, I'm glad I made this an informal test release rather than sending
an announcement out to the world :).

It looks like your build also included the
extraneous DLLs that I encountered, so I'll commit the "dll excludes" patch
in a minute as it seemed to fix it with my builds.

Good find.  I booted an XM VM and was able to reproduce the crash
problem with XP, then verified that a rebuild with your patch
successfully resolved the problem.  I'm making an nmap-5.36TEST2 build
and will send an announcement to nmap-dev when it is ready.

The Makefile appears to accidentally copy the .svn sub-directory when
copying the new licenses directory.

I just put in a fix for this.

Cheers,
Fyodor